shop pixieriot at etsy!

Monday, October 15, 2007

loooooong week.

yes, i still haven't caught up on posting or blogstalking or anything, but i'm working toward it. life itself is a little bit crazy right now.

my boss at the radio station quit, so i'm doing her job and mine both, plus working on air hours, plus rehearsing two nights a week with my jazz group, and then still trying to get up to date in yarn oddity orders and stuff for the store. also working on that GINORMOUS order for robyn's november sock club at robyn's nest, which is going to be so awesome.

anyway, things were thrown for a loop this week as i had to go in to the doctor to have a core cut out of a lump in my left breast, so that they could send it away for biopsy. and now i'm just... on edge, is really the only way to describe it. apparently it could take over a month for results.

so until then, i'm going to work a lot to take my mind off of things, spoil myself in little ways to keep myself happy, and just generally try not to wonder whether i have cancer.

so, due to a flurry of keep-myself-busy creativity this week, you will soon be seeing new colourways... more of 'bad brains' and 'spooky girlfriend', and the appearance of 'moods for moderns', 'this sad burlesque', and 'the elements within her'. i'm really excited about all of them.

if you have a request for a yarn oddity for yourself, this week would be a great time to do it.

take care of yourselves, my lovelies, and more from me soon.

12 comments:

Catheryn said...

Hi Pixie!!!!

Sorry to hear about the lump!!! Sending you good juju. My mum is facing her second masectomy and finds out her fate tomorrow so I know how that waiting game feels like an eternity....

All the best

Lizzardie said...

I'm sending happy thoughts your way! I hope everything turns out okay! :-) Staying busy seems like the best thing right now.

Knittypants said...

I would be on edge, too. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and hoping you get happy results back very soon.

Zonda said...

Sending good thoughts your way as well!! Take care!

Jo said...

Good luck - I had the same procedure done earlier this year. Turned out to be a non-cancerous fatty tissue tumour. I hope yours as benign and unattractive sounding as mine was.

Knitting Mama said...

Wishing you good luck as well. Let us know what happens. Good or bad, our knitting friends are thinking of you!

candyKorn said...

your knitty'Weenie is wishing nothing but good things for you my dear. (((hugs)))

Bobbi said...

I'm sending lots of positive, healing thoughts your way. I hope all of your stress smooths out soon.

Batty said...

Lots of good, healing thoughts coming your way.

And... I just got a package today, and I just about passed out. That yarn is the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen! I'll be taking pictures and bragging for sure... after I stop petting it and looking at the pretty purples, that is. Thank you so much for thinking of me around Halloween time! You are the best.

sharon said...

hi Pixie - linked from Batty - lovely yarn you sent her. How does a girl get some of that? Prayers coming your way that all is well and it's just a lump of nothing bad. Your yarns are gorgeous (love the bird you did for robyna nd can't resist the november club)!

Ava said...

will send lots of healing energy your way and keep you my prayers.

erin/pinkerbell said...

I did the pattern for November. I can't wait to see them!