shop pixieriot at etsy!

Friday, August 10, 2007

actual spinning!

on the weekend, i spent a LOT of time spinning with my lovely new drop spindle, and i'm getting MUCH better at it! i ordered some custom fibre from copperpot on etsy, and have my amazing spindle from spinsanity, also at etsy. check them both out!

what i spun actually turned out SO well that i've started knitting with it! it is such a cool feeling to be knitting with my own handspun!

here are a few pics.







thanks to all of the WONDERFUL people who have been giving me spinning advice. this is sooooo much fun!

in other news, a HUGE box of acid dyes and supplies arrived yesterday, so i've got a crazy number of colours to choose from, and unlimited mixing potential. it's so exciting! i have the first 15 colourways already designed and written down, so i just have to wait for my yarn to get here and i'm set!

things be looking up. :-P

9 comments:

Lauren said...

I really like the way the colors twist together.

Avrienne said...

Isn't spinning so much fun? I've just started doing more of it this week, I'm hoping my singles ply up nicely, but I'm not too experienced either!

jacicita said...

I am afraid of the slippery slope of spinning!

Did you see, I got my order? YAAAY! So pretty :)

Shauna said...

Beautiful :-)

I haven't dyed or spun yarn in quite a while. I think I'm getting the itch again...

Zonda said...

Love those fiber colors! Great job on your handspun too! Can't wait to see your new colorways either! :)

Batty said...

Wow, that looks amazing! How did you ply it? I've tried, but my attempts have been less than impressive (unlike yours).

Fabulous colors too. Oh, I love those colors.

MayaB said...

The yarn is coming along so well!!! BTW I've nominated you in my blog, go grab the button.

riot squad said...

pixie, that's just beautiful! i love the way the colors combine, and i can't believe you're just learning to spin! clever, clever you!

Knitwise Cracker said...

Pixie, guess what?? I dyed some yarn today for the very first time!! My friend taught me how with Kool Aid & it was soooo easy I can't believe it!! Thanks for being such an encouragement to me!!!