shop pixieriot at etsy!

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

100 posts!

dude. this is post number one hundred! i feel like i should have a contest. but i have NO idea what the prize would be.

so... uhm... tell me what you'd like the prize to be and i'll think of a contest! first pick of one of the new yarn oddities when they're released (for free of course)? your own custom-dyed yarn oddity? custom stitch markers or magnets? one of my hand-painted canvas totes? something knitted by me? other yarn? oh heck, i don't know! suggest something.

speaking of hand-painted canvas totes, here's the one i carry around with me:



and at the request of the lovely miss maya b, here are pictures of my military sweater. i know, it doesn't quite look military yet... the 14 buttons down the side closure will help with that! and i guess the colours wouldn't really let me blend in anywhere... ;-)





i love the way this yarn looks... who doesn't dig neon tweed? okay... maybe it's best if you don't answer that... ;-)

hopefully later today i'll have a pic for you of how my first yarn oddity knitting is going. i couldn't possibly be happier with how the colours are falling... NO POOLING! yay!!!

7 comments:

Turtle said...

Lol, at the "who doesn't love neon".. it looks great by the way! I cannot help you with what a prize would be as I love many things "knit". So I could not decide.
Can't wait to see the pics of your yarn knit up...i just signed up for a sock dying class...so far i am the only one signed up so it may be postponed ..again! (have signed up 2wice in the past)

Have a great 4th! heading to the lake, our band is playing at a private party! (why oh why did i not take tomorrow off??!)I have a pair of southwest socks on the needles packed in case i need a quiet break!

Kayt said...

ok lemme say i love love love luv the sweater! sooo yummy...

As for the contest i think some custome dyed yarn is always great! or even finding a new colorway and letting the person who won the contest get the first skein and name it? just an idea :)

MayaB said...

Congrats with 100 posts!!! *popping champagne and blowing up the baloons* And for the contest...YARN YARN YARN...Oh no wait....BAG BAG BAG....oh eh....
The sweater, my dear, is just so lovely!

Knitwise Cracker said...

Gosh, you crack me up!! I'm so glad I met you through the Jaywalker KAL!! I had to go back to work today (7/5). I want to play with my blog, now that I know how to add links to buttons!! But, I have to go walk my dog. Never enough knitting time!!!

Lime Street Knits said...

Congratulations on the big 100!

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Anonymous said...

Thinking about getting a car insurance quote?
[url=http://safe-car.org]Car Insurance[/url]
A growing number of people are dropping their auto insurance to try to save money, according to a recent study by the Insurance Research Council (IRC). If the current rate of unemployment continues, the IRC estimates that the national uninsured rate will climb from 13.8 percent in 2007 to 16.3 percent in 2010. With that many people driving without coverage, it's dangerous to be uninsured. But how much car insurance do you really need?
If you're like many people feeling the pinch, your inclination is to get the bare minimum of insurance coverage required by the law in your state. That's a good place to start, though those minimums may not fully protect you -- or your assets -- if you file a claim. We recommend getting more than the minimum coverage unless you are driving a beater and have no assets to protect.

Visit [url=http://safe-car.org]Safe-car.org[/url]
All you need to know about
[url=http://safe-car.org]Car Insurance[/url]