shop pixieriot at etsy!

Monday, May 14, 2007

i want to dye!

okay. i'm currently daydreaming about dying my own line of sock yarns. not that there aren't a million out there, but first of all - i would be able to make the yarn look exactly how i wanted it for any given project. and that's COOL.

second, i just have dreams of a line of yarns called 'oddity' (pixieriot's oddity yarns, i think it has a ring to it) with all of its colourways named after david bowie songs. because all of this songs invoke strong images and colours in my mind.

i really want my yarns to be BRIGHT. very vivid. i'm not big on pastels. darker colours are good as long as they're vivid. i really want the yarns to be something bold.

i don't know, i'm thinking out loud here. does this sound interesting to anyone? i'm thinking that when i get paid tomorrow i'll put some money on my CC, and buy the supplies to try out my first few colourways.

curious to see what the blogfolk out there think, though!

11 comments:

Batty said...

David Bowie? Insanely bright colors? Yeah! YEAH! That sure sounds interesting to me! I'd be sitting and knitting socks while listening to David Bowie. It'd be fantastic!

LotusKnits said...

sounds great to me!!

turtlegirl76 said...

I think it sounds cool as hell. I love bright and bold colors too and there's just too much pastel weenie crap out there.

turtlegirl76 said...

FYI - you need to allow Blogger to publish your rss feed so we can subscribe to your blog.

Katie said...

definitely interested here too!

MayaB said...

"...all of its colourways named after david bowie songs. because all of this songs invoke strong images and colours in my mind." That is a terrific idea! You are an incredible smart girl, and I can picture myself getting very broke in the future.

Webbo said...

What colour is Queen Bitch? That song sound like navy, aqua and yellow to me. A fine idea, Pixie.

Rebel said...

Dying yarn can be a lot of fun & very satisfying so you should totally give it a try.

Also - Thanks for setting up the knitty-head webring. You're a superstar! =)

Rebecca said...

Sure, there are a lot of hand-dyed sock yarns, but a lot of the good ones sell out faster than they can be produced! So I am sure there is a demand. Sounds like a fun project, at any rate.

Katie said...

tag you're it! see my blog for details :)

Queen Frogger said...

You could do some great colours, Ashes to ashes, Ziggy Stardust, Fashion ... great idea!